The 4th Call of the NAMA Facility closed on 31 October 2016.
Results of 4th Call
The United Kingdom and Germany have pre-selected 7 NAMA Support Projects from the NAMA Facility’s 4th Call. These NAMA Support Projects will receive funding for their Detailed Preparation Phase. Germany and the UK have committed to fund up to EUR 60 million for the 4th Call of the NAMA Facility. The NAMA Facility supports the implementation of ambitious Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs). Countries receiving support for the Detailed Preparation Phase are:
- Brazil (enhancing resource efficiency across the beef supply chain)
- Mexico (2 NAMA Support Projects), ((1) renewable energy and energy efficiency in sugar mills and (2) energy efficiency in small and medium-sized enterprises)
- Philippines (integrating solar power at distribution grid level)
- Thailand (innovative rice cultivation to lower greenhouse gas emissions)
- Tunisia (accelerating the introduction of renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions in the building sector)
- Uganda (enhancing energy efficiency in schools with improved cook stoves.)
The applications received by the NAMA Facility in the 4th Call illustrate the global reach and wide variety of actions targeted at emission reductions. Most national governments directly referred to their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDC) and the Paris Agreement in their applications. NAMAs can function as an important building block to implement NDCs under the Paris Agreement.