NAMA Facility: Inspiring Ambitious Action on Climate Change
Our Vision is to:
Accelerate low carbon development to keep temperature rises to well below 2°C by financing measures that shift challenging sectors in a country towards a sustainable, irreversible, low carbon pathway.
Our Mission is to:
- Financing innovative projects that tackle specific local challenges for cutting emissions in sectors and countries with strong potential for being scaled up, replicated and able to influence wider sectoral changes.
- Unlocking investment opportunities by providing tailor-made climate finance to fund projects with potential to:
- Strengthen country ownership to deliver low carbon activities and aligning them closely with country’s NDC and other relevant climate and development plans;
- Pilot financing models to overcome market barriers to low-carbon development;
- Use innovative technologies and approaches that need donor financing to deliver on country plans; and
- Boost participation of the private sector to deliver low carbon activities.
Our Approach is to:
Select through open competition the most transformational NAMAs from across all sectors and all developing countries – those with the potential to improve, for example, the way that people live, work and move around while also catalysing bigger changes across a sector.